It is the dream of most students to study in the U.S., get their dream job and lead an amazing life. But there are also other countries like the U.K., China, Australia, Canada, Germany, etc. that invites deserving candidates to pursue higher studies there. Then why choose the U.S. over them? Several reasons are cited for the U.S. to be among the top of the list of countries to get pursue higher studies. The U.S. governments have placed some favourable policies and factors to ensure foreign students prefer their country for their studies. The top educational institutions and universities here offer quality education to all students in any level. The increasing number of foreign students to such countries shows the kind of popularity it is enjoying.
Studying in any U.S.-based university will allow you to derive plenty of opportunities, something not offered by other countries. This country is known to have strong STEM programs and liberal arts system. It produces well educated students across multiple disciplines.
Reasons to consider study abroad usa programs
- Availing variety of education classes: Universities across the U.S. require you to avail core classes or general education, thereby providing opportunities to study different types of academic subjects. However, it is not limited to your focused or major study field. The courses range from science to writing classes and are classified as ‘liberal arts’. As you graduate, you can derive well-rounded education. It also provides you with the much-needed experience and time required to make well-educated decision, while declaring the major. General education classes can help uncover skill or passion something you were not aware of that you possessed it.
- Greater flexibility to declare a major: As per U.S. News and World Report. Over 48 Global Universities among the top 100 are located in the U.S. Several factors tend to set apart the U.S. colleges and universities. Academic flexibility is undoubtedly one of the major benefits derived in studying in this country. You do not have to declare major until completion of the second study year. Most students are likely to be ‘undecided’ or ‘undeclared’ in their major. These two years are used to explore academic interests and is essential to be considered before settling on the major. But other countries require students to declare their study field at the time of making the application. Otherwise, you need to directly apply to the specific college in the university.
- Indulge in full campus experience: Another reason to study in the U.S. is because of campus community. U.S.-based universities and colleges provide variety of campus activities apart from academics. You can join arts, drama, Greek life, music, athletics, volunteering as well as other student organizations and clubs. The U.S. schools also offer engaging, active campus experience.
- Focus on career advancements and internships: U.S. universities provide internship programs to help kickstart professional career. During college years, students can obtain internships and derive benefits from hands-on experience. On successful completion of your studies, you can apply for better paying jobs. You also have the option to reside in the U.S. temporary or permanently or go back to your own country.
- Specialised support and services provided to international students: U.S. universities provide foreign students with wide range of services both outside/inside the classroom. Some schools have offices which are dedicated towards rendering international student services. Such offices can provide ample assistance with visa issues, English language skills, cultural adjustment and financial aid. Besides this, they also offer essential resources ranging from mental health services to career services.
- Student population diversity on campus: The U.S. is among the world’s most culturally diverse countries. Studying here, you can get to make new friends, learn new culture, languages and derive a fabulous experience that will enrich your personality, knowledge and career.
- World class institutes: The colleges and universities here rank among the top ones in the world. They offer quality education, combined with variety of interesting combinations to study. Moreover, studying here in one of the universities will mean, your credentials will be recognized universally. Hence, you can apply for jobs anywhere in the world and get your desired profile and post along with fabulous pay packages.
- Broad-based, conversational education: Students can benefit immensely from the American curriculum. They can lean numerous vital life skills that are essential and applicable to several situations and professions.
- International opportunities: This country boasts of having people from almost all parts of the world, be it small or big. Hence, the diverse population can be stated to be a wining combination as it offers the world’s best brains, top quality institutes and the biggest metropolises. It is for this reason the U.S. is a wonderful platform to launch pad your international career.
- Variety of programs: The increasing diverse population in the country has compelled the establishment of numerous colleges and universities. The kind and diversity of programs this country offers are something that others simply cannot rival. You can choose something quite specific, based on your passion, interest and desires.
- Flexible study programs: Students tend to enrol themselves in reputed community colleges for a period of 2 to 3 years. Then they transfer to any nationally ranked university of their choice. This provides them with ample time to explore and discover several topics. Result derived is quite flexible with accommodating degrees allowing you to personalize to suit your specific requirements and interests.
- Unique culture: In many countries, the ‘American Dream’ is quite popular. USA is undoubtedly the place where you will be able to reach it by putting your best efforts.
- Highly sought over by employers across the globe: Over half of all undergraduates passing out from reputed American private universities tend to pursue their postgraduate education immediately. 98% of remaining students secure better positions in their respective careers within a few months on completion of graduation. Hence, obtaining a degree from any well-known American college or university is considered to be a signal to potential employers of your eligibility to be a worthy candidate for any profile they have lying vacant in their organization.
You can contact the reputed educational consultants to know more about study and work in usa for international students.