Do you know that the best thing about the study in UK for Indian students is that it allows students to combine courses and specializations from various disciplines? Pursuing higher education in UK, which is renowned for having the best education system in the world, opens the door to a plethora of opportunities. Do you want to study in UK? This blog provides a comprehensive guide to study in UK for Indian Students, including costs, requirements, scholarships, top universities, and more!
Studying in UK Requirements:-
Here are the major requirements for studying in the UK that you must meet when applying to a UK university:
- To be admitted to an undergraduate programme, students must have a 50 per cent or higher in Standard XII.
- For PG programmes, a degree equivalent to a British bachelor’s degree will be considered. Students must have a bachelor’s degree in the second division or higher.
English Language Prerequisites
Because the scorecard for these tests is valid for two years, students should become acquainted with the university calendar and carefully apply for admission.
|Test||Average Score Required|
|IELTS||6.0 – 6.5|
|TOEFL||80 – 90|
|PTE||56 – 61|
- All official academic transcripts and grade report cards.
- Photos in passport size.
- A photocopy of your passport.
- Student visa for the United Kingdom
- Revised curriculum vitae/resumé
- Portfolio (if asked or required)
- Scores on the English Language Proficiency Test
- Scores on the GMAT/GRE
- Recommendation Letters
- Statement of purpose
- Proposal for Research (for PG Research)
In the United Kingdom, undergraduate programmes last three years and postgraduate programmes last one year, saving students time and money.
Cost of studying in UK For Indian Students
Aside from tuition, the cost of studying in the UK includes accommodation, visa, daily expenses, transportation, and so on. The following are the costs of studying in the UK:
|Level of Study (Per Year)||Tuition Fees (GBP)|
|UG||8000-9000 (INR 7,10,000 INR-8,00,000) – maximum 30000 (27,00,000 INR)|
|PG||12000-15000 (INR 10,70,000-13,00,000) – up to 35000 (31,00,000 INR).|
The Price of Living in UK
Expense Type – Cost in GBP and INR
Fees for Visa Application:348 GBP (INR 35,834)
Housing: 500 GBP (INR 51,486) monthly
Transportation: 150-200 GBP (INR 15,445 to INR 19,844)
Food: 150-200 GBP per month (INR 14,883 to INR 20,594)
Clothing and leisure: £50 per month (INR 5,148)
Telephone and mobile: 50 GBP (INR 5,148) monthly
Popular Scholarships for Study in UK For Indian Students
There are numerous scholarships and bursaries available to study in UK for Indian students. Here are the top UK scholarships you should look into if you want to study in the UK for free:
- Chevening Scholarships
- Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships
- Hornby Scholarships
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
- Felix Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree Scholarship
- Inlaks Scholarships
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships (CWIT)
- Scotland Saltire Scholarships
Here are the most popular courses to study in UK for Indian students after 12th:
- International Business
Arts & Humanities Anthropology and Archaeology
- English Literature
- Mass Communication
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Science (Non-Medical)
- Automotive Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Industrial Engineering
- Molecular Sciences
- Animal Sciences
- Earth Sciences
Tuition Fees for Post-secondary Education in UK
In the UK, the average tuition fee for undergraduate courses ranges from £5086 to £7629 (approximately INR 5,22,585 – INR 7,83,873). [indicative] Of course, it will depend on which type you choose, such as a diploma or a full-fledged business degree, a medical degree, and so on.
UK’s most affordable university
International students can enroll in low-cost degree programs at a number of UK universities. Each of the universities listed here has a lovely campus and offers students a high-quality education, infrastructure, and services. Do you want to know where to study for the least money in the United Kingdom? The following are the cheapest universities in UK, based on average annual tuition fees:
|Cheapest Universities in UK||Average Estimated Tuition Fees in GBP||Average Estimated Tuition Fees in INR|
|University of Greenwich||£14,100||14.48 lakhs|
|Anglia Ruskin University||£14,000||14.38 lakhs|
|University of Chester||£12,950||13.30 lakhs|
|University of West London||£13,250||13.61 lakhs|
|Leeds Beckett university||£14,000||14.38 lakhs|
|University of Wolverhampton||£13,950||14.33 lakhs|
|Coventry University||£16,500||16.95 lakhs|
Without IELTS, you can study in UK for Indian Students.
An astonishingly understated fact about studying in the UK is that students can do so without taking IELTS! With the ongoing pandemic, many international universities decided to relieve pressure on international students by waiving IELTS or alternative requirements such as English language proof for classes XI and XII.
Universities in the United Kingdom That Do Not Require IELTS:-
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Greenwich
- Swansea University
- Northampton University
- University of Plymouth
- Portsmouth University
- Northumbria University
- Brunel University
- Robert Gordon University
Visa for Students in UK
Here are the two main types of UK Student Visa available to students studying in the UK:
Tier 4 Student Visa – Student Visa for a Limited Period of Time
- This visa is for students who are 16 years old or older and have enrolled in a course that will last more than 11 months. – This visa is for students who want to enroll in a short-term course.
- You must obtain your Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) or letter of acceptance from the institution where you applied to study. These courses have a maximum duration of 11 months.
Documents Required for a Student Visa to UK
- A current passport (Should have validity for more than 6 months from the date of application of visa)
- Evidence of financial stability
- Specifics about your travel plans and where you intend to live.
- Report on a health checkup
- Maintain a blank page in your passport for the visa
- Once you’ve gathered all of the documents, double-check to ensure that everything is in English. If not, you’ll need to hire a certified translator who can translate them all into English.
You must sign, submit your application form, schedule an appointment, pay the application fee, and pick up your receipt. You will be required to visit the application center to complete any remaining requirements. It is recommended that you apply for a visa three months before the start of your course to study in the UK.
Fee for Obtaining a UK Visa
- Tier-4 Student Visa application fee in the United Kingdom: £348 (approximately 28,650 INR).
- Application fee for a short-term Student Visa: £97 [approximately 7,990 INR] for a 6-month visa and £186 [approximately 15,300 INR] for an 11-month visa.
Master’s Degree in the United Kingdom
The United Kingdom is the preferred destination for graduates and working professionals. MBA, Data Science, Supply Chain Management, Nursing, Psychology, Marketing, Architecture, and Finance are among the most popular courses among students. Masters students can take advantage of a variety of benefits by studying in the country and applying for a post-study work visa for 2-3 years.
Master’s Degree Programs at the Best Universities in the UK
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- Imperial College London
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- University of Edinburgh
- King’s College London
- University of Warwick
- Manchester University
- Bristol University
- University of Glasgow
- University of Birmingham
- University of Southampton
Popular Master’s Degree Programs
For Indian students, masters in UK offer a wide range of specialization courses as well as a variety of electives that can help students broaden their knowledge in their fields. The following are some of the most popular specializations among international students:
- Fine Arts
- Finance And Investments
- Data Analytics
- Human Resource Management
- Global MBA
- Cyber Security
- Graphic Designing
- Information Technology
- Nuclear Science
- Engineering Management
- Software Engineering
- Construction Project Management
- Biomedical and Biomolecular Sciences
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Data Science
- Actuarial Science
- Global Politics
As previously stated, pursuing higher education in UK will not only help you improve your career skills but will also open the door to a plethora of opportunities due to the wide range of degree programs offered by world-renowned universities. The overall tuition fees in the United Kingdom can be slightly higher due to the high quality of education provided by the institutes. Scholarships or aid offered by the government and universities, on the other hand, can significantly reduce this.