What are some of the low-cost universities in Canada for Indian students?
Canada is fast emerging as one of the top overseas education destinations among English-speaking countries. Over the past decade, there has been phenomenal growth in the number of applications to Study in Canada. Universities in Canada are among the best in the world. According to the latest Times Education World University Rankings, around 32 Universities belong to Canada. The country provides ample benefits to international & Indian students, right from a warm & student-friendly environment to a variety of job opportunities post-graduation. However, it remains a challenge for Indian students to find a university that will not burn a hole in their pocket. But here is the good news. There are some of the low-cost universities in Canada for Indian Students that offer the best curriculum at affordable fees. Let’s discuss some of the low-cost universities in Canada for Indian students in this blog post.
Why Study in Canada?
- High-quality education system
- Flexibility to explore subjects before declaring your major
- Geographical natural beauty
- Vibrant, progressive cultures & cities
- No language restrictions
- Post Graduate work opportunity
- Affordable education
- Part-time work opportunities
- Research opportunities
Study in Canada for Indian Students: Tuition Fees
Tuition fees in Canada are generally more affordable when compared to other top international destinations for overseas education like the USA, UK, & Australia. The annual cost of Study in Canada for Indian Students for undergraduate degree programs start at $12,000-$13,000 CAD approx. Therefore, Canada is a great option for budget-conscious Indian students since they have a lot of affordable & cheap Universities in Canada. A One-year MBA costs between CAD$ 45,000 to CAD$1,25,000, whereas a PhD program costs between CAD$ 4,000 to CAD$ 19,000 per annum. The Tuition fees for Engineering & Medicine degrees are slightly expensive, averaging about CAD$ 22,000/year. Courses in Humanities are one of the lowest to Study in Canada for Indian Students, ranging from CAD$ 5,500 to CAD$ 6,500.
Cheapest Universities in Canada for Indian Students
- Brandon University– Brandon University is one of the low-cost universities in Canada for Indian Students. The city of Brandon has a low cost of living compared to other cities in Canada. Has the distinction of being ranked as number #1 for its student-faculty ratio of 12:1. Brandon University’ school of Music has to its credit more than 100 years of music experience. Established in 1899, Brandon University offers best campus life and research centers in Arts, Science, Health Studies & Education streams. The average tuition fee for Undergraduate degree program is $10,200 (approx.)
- Université de Saint-Boniface– Université de Saint-Boniface is famous as the only university in Manitoba for its French language. Here, all the courses are taught only in French. Hence, it is compulsory for the students to register for a profile linguistics placement test. Established in 1818, it is basically a French-language speaking public university that offers university degrees & college diploma programs. USB’s tuition fees average between $11,500 to $13,500 for undergraduate degree program
- Dominican University College– Dominican University College has one of the lowest tuition fees to Study in Canada. Their motto is to give every student an opportunity to obtain higher education. It is devoted to the goal of nurturing critical thinking, analysis, teamwork, and a world-class educational system. Provides more than 8 undergraduate degree programs in Philosophy & theology subjects. It has been ranked as 19th best for Undergraduate degree teaching. Average tuition fees start from $9,000 approx. per year.
- University of Guelph– University of Guelph was established in 1964 & is renowned for its excellence in arts & sciences. Known for its beautiful, safe campuses & as a research-intensive, learning-centric university, it boasts of over 1,500 international students from more than 120 countries in the world. More than 90 undergraduate degrees & 130 master degrees programs are taught to the students. It has an ideal student to faculty ratio of 23:1. The average tuition fees for undergraduate degrees to Study in Canada for Indian Students stand at $16,300 approx.
- Canadian Mennonite University– Established in 1999, Canadian Mennonite University is primarily a Christian University. It offers 3-years & 4-years bachelor & graduate degree programs. Located in the city of Manitoba, Canada, it is one of the most affordable & cheap Universities in Canada. Among the various universities in Canada, it has a ranking of 61. Best Student faculty ratio of 18:1. The average tuition fees for international students to Study in Canada is around #11,900 approx.
Study in Canada: How to Apply?
- Choose a degree program
- Prepare your paperwork (LORs, SOPs, & Transcripts)
- Refer to university website for admission requirements
- Submit your application form through online
- Wait for official letter of admission
- Submit the visa application
Study in Canada: English Requirements
A student has to score an overall minimum score of 6.0 & above in IELTS exam with at least 5.5 in each of the four IELTS band requirements for undergraduate & diploma programs. If you are appearing for TOEFL, a minimum 90 score is required.
Studying in Canada will give you an opportunity to gain an internationally recognized degree. Canada has a great education system, and lots of job opportunities for international students. There are many affordable universities to Study in Canada for Indian Students & save money. This blog presented some of the low-cost universities in Canada for Indian Students. If you have liked this post, please share it.