How to get Canada Study Visa?
Studying in Canada is a dream for many International Students. While you require excellent academic records to secure admission to Top Universities in Canada, you’ll also need a Study Permit to get permission to Study in Canada. Whether you wish to pursue academic, professional, or vocational training in Canada, you’ll require a Canada Student Permit to enter and study in Canada. When you receive a Canada Student Visa, you feel at the top of the world. However, the hard reality is that it is much more difficult to get a Canada Study Visa than you expect. But you need not worry at all. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through everything you need to do to obtain a Canada Study Visa. Let’s find out!
Why Study in Canada?
- High Quality of life
- Diverse & Inclusive environment
- Affordable cost option
- Excellent language education
- Globally recognized degrees
- Innovative & plentiful research opportunities
- Healthy and safe community
- Possibilities of Immigration
- Globally ranked education system
- Multiculturally society
What is a Canada Study Visa?
Canada Study Visa is a document that is issued to International Students so that they can study at the Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs). A Designated Learning Institution (DLI) is an educational institution that has got an approval from a provincial or territorial government to teach international students. Foreign students need a Canada Student Visa to study in Canada. Ensure that you have all the required documents with you before applying for a Student Visa.
You can apply for a Canada Student Visa if you’re
- Enrolled at DLI
- Proof of financial fund to pay for
- Your tuition fees
- Cost of living expenses for your family
- Return transportation costs for yourself
- No past Criminal record, law-abiding person, and get a character certificate from the police
- In perfect health condition and a health examination certificate.
- Proof of your intention that you’ll leave Canada once your study completes.
- You have to prove that you are a fully vaccinated traveler. AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, Bharat Biotech Covexin, etc. are some of the accepted vaccines.
Also, at the time of the visa interview, you have to convince the visa officer that you will leave Canada once you finish your studies.
Canada Student Visa – Documents to Submit
- Proof of Acceptance- Your University must have sent you a Letter of Acceptance. Submit the original or the electronic copy of this Letter along with the Canada Student Visa application.
- Proof of Identity
- A valid passport or any other travel document
- Two latest passport-sized photos
- Proof of financial support- You’ve to prove that you can take care of yourself while studying in Canada
- Proof of a Canadian Bank account in your name, if you are transferring money to Canada.
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution
- Proof of an Education loan for the student if he has taken it.
- Past 4 months ka Bank Statements
- Proof that you’ve already paid Tuition and Housing fees.
- Proof of a Scholarship or any other Canadian-funded educational program, if you’ve received one.
Study in Canada – How to apply for a Study Visa
Ideally, you should apply for a Study Permit before you come to Canada to study. In some cases, you can apply for a Study Permit when you arrive in Canada at the point of entry.
- Get all your documents ready- During the application process, you need to also submit:
- A Letter of Acceptance from a designated learning institution (DLI), you’ll be studying at;
- All the documents mentioned above in the blog post has to be submitted along with the application for Canada Study Visa;
- A letter of explanation for any documents missing during Covid-19.
- Apply in Online Mode Only- If you are applying for a Canada Student Visa, whether you are in Canada or outside Canada, you can apply in Online Mode only. Generally, the suggestion is that you should apply for a Student Permit as soon as you receive a letter of acceptance from a Canadian college or university. It can take up to 3 months to receive a Canada Study Visa depending on the country from where you’re applying.
- You become eligible to apply on paper only if you
- Are suffering from disability and not in a physical condition to apply online.
- If you’re holding an identity for non-national residents, refugees or stateless persons.
How to Check the status of your Study Permit Application?
You can check the status of your Online Study Permit Application on the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada website. For this, you’ve to set up an account on the website. The status information is updated daily.
Canada Study Visa – How to receive it?
You have to carry the Letter of Introduction along with all the specified documents while traveling to Canada. At the airport, you have to present the Letter of Introduction to the Immigration officer/Border Control Agency Officer who would validate all the documents. If found satisfactory, he’ll issue you a Study Permit.
Can I apply for a Canada Student Visa without IELTS?
Yes, of course, you can apply for a Canada Student Visa without IELTS. There are several Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) in Canada that offer study programs without IELTS. They have different ways of testing to check your English language capability. These universities accept other forms of English language credentials test other than IELTS.
Canada Study Permit – Key Points
- Always remain enrolled at a Designated Learning Institution
- Make progress in finishing the course in time
- Follow all the conditions listed on your study permit
- Stop Studying if you’re no longer meeting the requirements
- Leave Canada as soon as possible when Your Student permit expires
Canada Student Visa Requirements – Summary
The following are the Requirements:
- Valid Passport
- Attested photocopies of 10th, 12th and Bachelor Degree certificates
- 2 Academic references
- 2 Employer References
- SOP (Statement of Purpose)
- Extracurricular achievements Certificates
- An acceptance letter from your Designated learning institution
- Proof of payment
- Proof of financial funds
- English Proficiency test scores
- Passport-size photographs
Canadian Immigration Authorities issue a Canada Study Visa to foreign students that acts as permission for them to Study in Canada. International Students can’t Study in Canada without receiving a valid Canadian Student Visa. A Study Permit is the most important piece of paper you’ll need before you arrive in Canada. Like this blog! Please share it and drop a comment!
Read More- The Ultimate Guide to your Canada Study Visa