Masters of Marketing in Australia
A Masters of Marketing in Australia is a highly sought-after degree. An MS in marketing from Australia will do wonders for you. This course can be a stepping stone to a prestigious career. Pursuing a Marketing master’s in Australia will allow you to sharpen your marketing & strategic skills to implement marketing decisions in your organization. There will be skyrocketing growth in marketing jobs in Australia over the next few years, as per reports. In this article, we will discuss how to pursue a Master in Marketing in Australia. Let’s find out!
Why Study Masters of Marketing in Australia?
- Career Opportunities: Masters of Marketing from Australia will open up a great career path for you and a ready job market for employment. It will also open up lucrative job opportunities for them worldwide.
- Flexibility: As an international student, you also get many flexibility options while pursuing Master’s in Marketing. You are also allowed to work part-time while studying. This will give you an opportunity to have a practical experience in your area of study and a competitive edge over others. The universities also help them with their job placements to help them acquire skills and experience.
- Academic excellence: The Australian education sector has an excellent reputation. Certification from an Australian university is globally recognized. You will receive excellent practical experience and the most up-to-date marketing practices knowledge during the course of your study.
Course Curriculum of Masters of Marketing in Australia
- Duration: The duration of Masters of Marketing in Australia is of 1.5 to 2 years. If you wish to complete it part-time, then generally it will take 2 to 4 years to complete.
- Core Subjects: Marketing strategy, Leadership, Customer relations, Statistics, Analytics, Digital Marketing, Analytics, Marketing and Stakeholders Communications, Consumer Behavior and Analysis, Brand Strategy, & Technology and Project Management are the core subjects of this course.
Eligibility Criteria to Study Masters of Marketing in Australia
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or an international equivalent of 5 on a 7-point scale.
- English Language Proficiency Test
If you are from a non-native English-speaking country, you have to appear for an English Language Proficiency test and achieve a minimum score to qualify.
Let’s check the different English proficiency tests and the minimum requirements for them:
|TOEFL PBT||550 to 570|
|PTE||58 to 64|
- Standardized Test Scores- Additionally, a student has to also appear for GRE or GMAT standardized tests if required by the university to become eligible for a marketing master’s in Australia. The minimum score requirements vary from university to university.
- Work Experience- Although it is not necessary for a candidate to have work experience for admission to the Masters of Marketing in Australia, having one will add value to your profile. Having a work experience of one year either full-time or part-time will increase your chance of admission and it is preferable.
Let’s check out the minimum eligibility for some of popular universities of Australia for Masters of Marketing course:
|Australian National University||Bachelors with 70% OR GMAT score of 550 or above plus 3 years work experience|
|University of Sydney||Bachelors with 65% OR Bachelors with 50% plus GMAT score of 630 or above|
|University of Western Australia||Bachelors with 60% OR GMAT score of 550 or above OR 5 years of work experience|
|University of Technology Sydney (UTS)||Bachelor’s degree OR 2 years or work experience|
|University of Newcastle||Bachelor’s degree OR 7 years of work experience|
|University of Queensland||Bachelor with 55%|
|University of New South Wales (UNSW)||Bachelors with 65% OR Bachelors plus GMAT score of 600 or above|
Documents required to Study Marketing Master in Australia
- English language proficiency test scores
- GRE/GMAT score sheet
- Certificate of Work Experience
- Passport photocopy
- Letters of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- Passport-size photographs
Cost of Studying Masters of Marketing in Australia
The average cost of studying Master in Marketing in Australia varies between 30,000 to 45,000 AUD (approx.) per annum depending on the universities of your choice. Let’s see the Tuition fees for some of the popular universities in Australia:
|University||Annual Fees (AUD) (approx.)|
|Australian National University||48,000|
|University of Sydney||50,000|
|University of Melbourne||35,000|
|University of Adelaide||44,000|
|University of Queensland||32,000|
Scholarships Available to Study Marketing Masters in Australia
|ANU University||ANU College of Business & Economics Postgraduate Merit Scholarship||50% fee waiver|
|University of Sydney||US Federal Student Aid||Varies|
|Victoria University||VU Postgraduate Research Scholarship (VUPRS)||27,000 AUD|
|The University of Melbourne||Melbourne Mobility Awards||Up to 3.34 lakhs|
|University of New South Wales||Future Change Scholarship||2.77 lakhs|
|University of Technology Sydney||International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship||Full tuition fee waiver|
|University of Newcastle||International Postgraduate Research Scholarship||Tuition fee waiver|
|University of Sydney||International Scholarships for Business School Students||2.77 lakhs to 11.12 lakhs|
|Australian National University||ANU College of Business & Economics Community Engagement Award||0.55 lakhs|
|Australian Government||Australia Awards Scholarship||Varies|
Top Universities for Masters of Marketing in Australia
|University||QS World University Ranking 2022-2023||Program Name||Duration of Course||Annual Tuition Fees|
|Australian National University||27||Master of Marketing Management||2 years||25 lakhs (INR) (approx.)|
|University of Melbourne||37||Master of Management (Marketing)||2 years||26 lakhs (INR) (approx.)|
|University of Sydney||38||Master of Commerce (Marketing)||2 years||29 lakhs (INR) (approx.)|
|University of New South Wales (UNSW)||43||Master of Commerce (Marketing)||1.5 years||21 lakhs (INR) (approx.)|
|University of Queensland||47||Master of Business (Marketing)||1.5 years||23.60 lakhs (INR) (approx.)|
|University of Western Australia||93||Master of Marketing||1.5 years||24 lakhs (INR) (approx.)|
|University of Technology Sydney (UTS)||133||Master of Marketing||1.5 years||49.15 lakhs (INR) (approx.)|
Job Prospects after Master of Marketing in Australia
Pursuing a Masters in Marketing from Australia will open up a lot of career opportunities for international students. They are also paid well in comparison to bachelor’s degree holders. Let’s check out some of the job roles and Average Salary (per annum)
|Job Profile||Annual Average Salary (in AUD) (approx.)|
|Brand Manager||81,000 (INR 42,50,000)|
|Marketing & Sales Analyst||60,000 (INR 34,50,000)|
|Campaign Analyst||97,000 (INR 50,50,000)|
|Affiliate Manager||1,12,000 (INR 58,00,000)|
|Digital Marketer||84,000 (INR 44,00,000)|
|Marketing strategist||75,000 (INR 39,00,000)|
A vast amount of job opportunities will open to you after completing Masters in Marketing from Australia. Pursuing a master’s in Marketing in Australia will open up a greater career scope for you globally. Hope you liked this blog! Kindly share it!
Read More- Top Reasons to Pursue Higher Education in UK