Masters in Marketing in Canada
Marketing is a booming career in today’s digitalized world. There are no boundaries to advertising today with the increased use of social media and the web. Masters in marketing in Canada is primarily intended for those students who want to gain deep knowledge of business, market research, & advertising. Studying Marketing Masters in Canada can open up a number of job prospects for graduates. The marketing sector can ensure a stable and promising future for you with high career growth. Pursuing a Master’s in Marketing can be a very profitable option for your career and work life. So, if you are aspiring to make your career bright in the marketing field, this blog is for you. This blog post covers every aspect of Masters in Marketing in Canada right from eligibility, cost, scholarship, tuition fees, and job prospects after that. Check this blog!
Why Study in Canada?
- Academic Excellence
- Skill-development focus
- Earn while you learn
- Affordable education
- Safe and peaceful life
- Opportunity to Immigrate
Why Study Masters in Marketing in Canada?
Canada is witnessing tremendous growth in the marketing sector. Let’s see the top reasons to Study Master in Marketing in Canada:
- Employment Opportunities: Marketing & advertising will emerge as the largest growing sector in Canada by the end of 2023. It is predicted that the employment growth rate in the marketing sector will be around 19% by 2029. So, Master’s in Marketing will open up innumerable job opportunities for you.
- Quality of Life: Canada is consistently ranking in the first position for the last few years in the quality of education and life. For its quality of life, it is labeled as the best across the globe. For all of its best quality of life & education, Canada is attracting more & more International Students.
- Other Advantages: The Tuition fees in Canadian universities & colleges are comparatively lesser than in other English-speaking nations. Apart from this, Canadian universities also offer scholarships & financial aid.
Masters of Marketing in Canada: Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree: Completed 3 or 4-year graduation from a recognized board or university.
- Work Experience: If the Bachelor’s degree is not 4 years then the relevant work experience can be considered.
- GMAT or GRE Scores: Not all, but most of the universities in Canada require GMAT or GRE scores for admission to Masters in Marketing in Canada.
- English proficiency test scores: Applicants have to submit IELTS/TOEFL scores to prove their proficiency in English.
- Academic mark sheets
- Latest CV/Resume
- Work Experience Letter
- SOP (Statement of Purpose)
- IELTS/TOEFL score sheets
- GRE/GMAT score sheets
Difference between MSc in Marketing and MBA in Marketing
Getting admission to MSc in Marketing is much easier in comparison to MBA in Marketing. MSc in Marketing is more research-driven and is intended for those students who want to go into academics and pursue Phd after that. They study and research in-depth consumer behavior and market strategies. They also do research on brand management, branding & consumer behavior. Whereas in the case of MBA (Marketing), students learn about brand management, advertising, market research & digital marketing.
Masters of Marketing in Canada: Tuition Fees & Course Duration
|University||Course Name||Duration||Full-course Fee|
|University of Toronto||Master in Business Administration||2 Years||1,34,000(CAD) (approx.)|
|University of British Columbia||Master of Business Administration||16 months||67,500(CAD) (approx.)|
|McGill University||Master of Business Administration (Marketing)||12 months||99,000(CAD) (approx.)|
|Western University – Ivey Business School||Master of Business Administration (Marketing)||12 months||72,000(CAD) (approx.)|
|University of Alberta||Master of Business Administration||1 year||28,000(CAD) (approx.)|
|Queen’s University||MSc in Marketing||2 years||80,000(CAD) (approx.)|
|York University||Master of Marketing (MMKG)||1 year||84,000(CAD) (approx.)|
|Concordia University||MSc in Marketing||20 months||32,000(CAD) (approx.)|
|McMaster University||MPP in Digital Society||12 months||55,500(CAD) (approx.)|
International students can take the benefits of scholarships. Canada offers some of the best scholarships in the world that can benefit financially weak students and take off their financial burden from them.
|Community Impact Scholarship||University of British Columbia||$5,000 – $10,000|
|Ontario Graduate Scholarship||All the universities in Ontario||$11,000|
|Global Business Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship||University of British Columbia||$10,000 – $15,000|
|International President’s Entrance Scholarship||Western University||$50,000 is awarded as $20,000 in year one and $10,000 each year in years two through four.|
|Master’s Academic Excellence Scholarship||University of Concordia||A $2,500 stipend is given to full-time graduate students|
|President’s Scholarship||University of Guelph||$42,000|
|Dean’s Scholarship||University of Saskatchewan||$18,000 in Masters for two years|
Top Universities to Study Marketing Masters in Canada
|University||QS World University Ranking 2022|
|University of Toronto, Toronto||32|
|University of British Columbia, Vancouver||36|
|McGill University, Montreal||50|
|Western University – Ivey Business School, London, Canada||73|
|University of Alberta, Alberta||123|
|Queen’s University, Kingston||132|
|York University, Toronto||139|
|University of Calgary, Calgary||201|
|Concordia University, Montreal||251|
|McMaster University, Hamilton||300|
Top Universities to Study MBA in Marketing in Canada
|University/Institute||Duration||Tuition Fees (CAD) (approx.)|
|Smith School of Business||1-2 years||102,000|
|DeGroote School of Business||20 months||86,000|
|Schulich School of Business||2 years||107,000|
|Ivey Business School||1 year||83,500|
|Lazaridis School of Business & Economics||1 year||74,500|
Popular Courses in Masters of Marketing in Canada
- Marketing – Research and Analytics
- PR, Marketing, and Strategic Communication Management
- Marketing – Digital Engagement Strategy
- Advertising – Media Management
- Marketing Management
- Advertising – Creative and Digital Strategy
Master of Marketing in Canada: Job Prospects
Masters of Marketing offer bright career opportunities for International Students and innumerable job openings. The average entry-level salary remuneration for MSc (Marketing) graduates varies between 40,000 USD to 80,000 USD. Let’s see some of the popular job openings for Marketing Masters in Australia graduates:
|Position||Average Salary (per annum)|
|Marketing Manager||75,000(CAD) (approx.)|
|Advertising & Promotions Manager||40,000(CAD) (approx.)|
|Market Research Analyst||78,000(CAD) (approx.)|
|Quality Management||58,000(CAD) (approx.)|
|Sales Manager||45,100(CAD) (approx.)|
|Financial Research Analyst||70,000(CAD) (approx.)|
|Quality Management officer||60,000(CAD) (approx.)|
Pursuing a Masters in Marketing in Canada can open up a vast amount of career opportunities for you & ensure a safe and stable future with good career growth. Students get knowledge about sales, marketing fields, executive and leadership management skills, consumer trends, product management, marketing strategies, and market research in a number of industries. Hope this article will help you in making the finest decision of your life. If you have found this blog post useful, please share this post and drop a comment!
Read More- Best Courses to Study in Canada for Masters