Stands for the International English Language Testing System, IELTS grades English language skills of the candidate based on the 4 different aspects of the language – listening, speaking, writing, and reading. Preparation for this test means several hours of sitting and reading. However, you can also review books and study different guides available online for this test.
To help you prepare for IELTS efficiently, we have mentioned a few important tips below. Have a look:
Tip 1: Improve Your English Skills
It takes a lot of time and practice to learn a new language. For English, you can take a language course to improve your skills. The best thing about doing this is that you will get the feedback from your teacher or instructor that will help you improve your skills involved in listening, speaking, reading, and writing. You can also do the following to make your skills better:
- Speak with your family and friends in English
- Watch English movies and listen to English radio. It is best to listen to a wide variety of accents such as American, British, Australian, Canadian, etc.
- Read English newspapers, magazines, and novels primarily of English publications whenever and wherever possible
- Write emails, notes, or letters in English to practice your writing skills
Tip 2: Understand the format and rules of the test
Familiarize yourself with the format and rules of the test to plan everything well. Keep one thing in mind is that the test has two versions – Academic IELTS and General Training to prepare for IELTS. The listening and speaking sections are the same for both the versions but other sections depending on the type of test you choose. Therefore, it is important to gather as much as information you can to understand the test better. You can also seek the help of AEC to plan well and score high in the test.
Related: 5 Things You Should Know About IELTS
Tip 3: Use sample questions for practice
You can join the classes of AEC to prepare for IELTS well for the exam or simply use the official website of IELTS to download the sample questions. You can also visit your IELTS center to buy the sample questions in-person.
Tip 4: Try to be relaxed and calm before or on the day your test
Just before a day of the test, do not study anything new. Just refresh your memory of the test format, test rules, location, etc. Do not think much and try to be relaxed and calm. Additionally, you can do the following to keep your mind calm:
- Read the candidate booklet one more time as it contains essential information of the test to help you do your level best
- Ensure you have all the details of rules related to the test
- Sleep properly the night before your test
- In case, your test location is far from your place, plan everything on how you will travel so that you can reach on time. It is advisable to visit the center a few days before the test. It will give you an idea of how much time you will need to reach there on or before time
Need assistance for the IELTS test? Get in touch with AEC as we have a dedicated team of professionals along with a training center named – IELTSIFY. You can join your hands with us to score better in the test and fly to your dream destination for higher studies. To know more about the same or gather any other information, kindly get in touch with us on +91-8448446609 or 011-43334444. You can also write your queries to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.