If an individual is already in Canada on a study or work permit, his or her accompanying minor child may be eligible to study without a study permit. A study permit applicant must indicate that his or her minor children will also study in Canada.
A letter of acceptance from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution (DLI) will not be required for accompanying children. Once the is no longer under the age of majority, he or she must apply for a study permit to continue studies in Canada.
The age of majority is different in each province and territory, although it is usually 18 or 19 years of age. Anyone under the age of majority is considered a minor.