Singapore has now become a popular destination for study abroad among international students for its wide range of courses on offer along with the student-friendly environment. Two of its universities – the National University of Singapore and the Nanyang Technological University have been ranked at the top positions i.e. 4th and 9th respectively, for their international outlook by the Times Higher Education (THE). For Indian students, Singapore has become a hot favourite due to its affordable cost of living, world-class education, and geographical proximity.
If you are planning to study in Singapore, you must know the details we have discussed here. So, let us get started!
Education System in Singapore
The education system in Singapore is divided into the following three categories:
- Universities:The universities here are either public or private or branch campuses (commonly known as satellite campuses) of other popular global institutions. There are a total of 6 autonomous universities in the country and they are – Nanyang Technological University, National University of Singapore, Singapore University of Social Sciences, Singapore Management University, Singapore Institute of Technology, and Singapore University of Technology and Design.
- Institute of Technical Education:These institutions provide students with technical-oriented studies in areas such as electronics, applied sciences, media, and business. By studying here, students will be able to develop essential technical skills and gain knowledge to work in different industries.
- Polytechnics:They are better known for providing students with more industry-oriented programs to make them work-ready. Polytechnics offer both degree and diploma programs. There are 5 popular polytechnics in the country – Singapore Polytechnic, Nanyang Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Temasek Polytechnic, and Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
Why Choose to Study in Singapore?
Singapore is highly preferred by Indian students who want to study design, animation, development, game, music, and so on. Combined graduate courses in law, management, and engineering are quite popular. Some institutions in Singapore that offer special scholarships for students with a “work in Singapore clause” making it a perfect destination for higher studies.
If you are wondering why to choose this place as your study abroad destination, then look at the points listed below:
- At most universities, you will easily find courses in English
- The country is considered affordable in terms of living expenses and tuition fees when compared with other popular destinations
- Numerous scholarship options available for students
- With many Indians living there, Singapore has an amazing and strong south-east Asian community along with exciting student life
- With strict law enforcement of the country, students are quite safe here
- The country follows zero tolerance to drugs and racism
- Some universities in Singapore offer courses in partnership with prominent Australian universities
- The country is well-connected to the rest of Asia
Top Study Options in Singapore
Academic intakes in Singapore may vary from one university to another. Some universities such as the Nanyang Technological University and the National University of Singapore have two intakes – January and August for UG and PG programs. Private universities may have intakes every quarter. Since every country has something specific to offer, you can get the world-class curriculum for the courses related to MBA, Hotel Management, Travel and Tourism, Engineering, Business, Applied and Pure Sciences, and Architecture.
Scholarship Options for International Students
This country is better known for its excellent academics and has an affordable yet diversified range of courses on offer. In Singapore, the Ministry of Education provides special scholarships to international students so that they can study without any hassle. Some universities in Singapore also comply with the merit-based or need-blind admission norms. Any deserving candidate with good academic records and potential is granted admission no matter whether they are taking admission under need-blind criteria or have financial issues.
While studying in Singapore, you can request for the financial aids by applying for scholarships at the following universities:
- Nanyang Technological University
- National University of Singapore
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business – Asia Campus
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
Benefits of Studying in Singapore
With its top-notch courses and relatively affordable education, Singapore is undeniably an outstanding destination for higher education. The visa process here is quite simple and hassle-free. Being closer to India, it also means affordable airfare.
In addition to this, universities from the other popular destinations such as the UK and Australia, students will get a chance to study at the satellite campuses in Singapore to offer their highly advanced courses at a reasonable cost. With so many ‘good’ factors in place, the country has become a popular education hub and a highly preferred destination for Indian students.
Want to experience a youthful and global community of students in Singapore? If yes, then our dedicated career counsellors will help you plan your studies in the ‘Land of the Lions’. For more details and assistance, give a call on +91-8448446609 or 011-43334444 or share your queries at email@example.com to get assistance for your career. You can also directly come to our office by booking your FREE counselling session. For this, visit our official website and book your session now.