Cloud computing has already influenced the market of technology to a bigger extent. However, recent developments in different technologies i.e. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and increasing challenges/problems faced by the programmers in the cloud computing era will bring more and more changes. Since the cloud is not an unknown term anymore, businesses are familiar with its potential and impact.
Technology changes with time and these changes should be adopted by the businesses to stay competitive. When things are changing so fast, industries will need skilled and certified professionals to handle various tasks. Students, who are interested in these fields often ask – are these technologies the same or have no relation?
If you are one of those students, then continue reading this post to get answers to all your queries. Let us get started!
What is Artificial Intelligence?
AI is the intelligence that is possessed by the machines. It makes the use of various algorithms to perform autonomous actions just like the previous successful ones. The contemporary AI algorithms such as deep learning understand the patterns well and find the goals embedded in the data. AI also makes the use of various software engineering principles for developing suitable solutions to existing problems.
What are the Career Options for Artificial Intelligence Professionals
A career in this field can be realized within different settings that include public organizations, private companies, healthcare facilities, education, military, and government agencies, etc. Depending on the sensitivity of the particular information/data, some positions in AI may also require clearance of security before hiring. Some job or career options in this field include the following:
- Algorithm Specialists
- Robotics Programmer
- Engineering Consultants and Research Scientists
- Computer Scientists and Computer Engineers
- Software Analysts and Developers
- Video Game Programmer
- Data Mining Analyst
- Machine Learning Researcher
- Manufacturing and Electrical Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers and Maintenance Technicians
- Surgical Technicians (who can work with various robotics tools)
- Military and Aviation Electricians (who work with Drones, Flight Simulators and Armaments)
- Medical And Healthcare Professionals (who work with Prosthetics, Artificial Limbs, Vision Restoration Devices, and Hearing Aids)
What Does an Artificial Intelligence Professional Do?
Depending upon the job profile chosen and level of expertise, the job responsibilities of an artificial intelligence professional may vary. However, some tasks remain constant and these include:
- They examine and transform data science prototypes
- They research and apply appropriate machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence tools
- They are responsible for developing machine learning applications as per the needs of the project
- They work with the robotics team and electric engineers
- They select suitable datasets and data representation methods
- They run artificial intelligence and machine learning tests and experiments
- They train and retrain systems whenever needed
- They keep abreast of various developments in the field
Average Salary for Artificial Intelligence Professionals
As per Indeed.com, the median salary for artificial intelligence professionals is nearly $110,000 per annum. These professionals usually earn as low as $105,244 and as high as $144,611. According to Glassdoor.com, leading employers for these professionals include Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, Adobe, Uber, etc.
What is Cloud Computing?
In the simplest terms, cloud computing is the delivery of various computing and related services that include networking, servers, databases, storage, intelligence, and software analytics over the internet or cloud. These services are offered to ensure flexible resources, faster innovation, economies of scale, and so on. A user normally pays for cloud services that they use, helping lower their operating costs, scale as their business or organization needs change, and run their infrastructure more effectively and efficiently.
What are the Career Options Available in Cloud Computing
Students opt for professional courses or degree programs in this field typically get so many career options to choose from because this field comes with a wider range of streams. While making decisions on the career, one simply needs to focus on their interest area and future goals to identify from the following streams:
- Cloud Network Security Engineer
- Cloud Network Engineer
- Cloud Developer Engineer
- Cloud Software Engineer
- Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Cloud Consultant
- Cloud Solution Architect
- Cloud System Engineer or Administrator
- Cloud Product Manager
What Does a Cloud Computing Professional Do?
Even though job responsibilities may vary from one organization to another and from one geographical location to another, some tasks remain the same for all cloud computing profiles. Whether you are working as a cloud conduct manager or cloud network engineer, you will have to take care of the responsibilities mentioned here:
- You need to provide your clients with essential support, cater to their specific needs, and carry out some basic level of troubleshooting
- You will need to make plans to ensure highly efficient and successful designs. Hence, you will have to decide the cloud computing resources that you and your team members will use along with the total cost of outsourcing the necessary resources
- As a cloud professional especially cloud engineer, you have to design a blueprint which should be easy to handle in all sorts of situations
- As a cloud computing professional, you will also be responsible for renting resources and designing as per the precise needs of the project. You need to ensure that every resource is being utilized properly and completely
- Being a cloud computing professional, you will have to supervise, maintain, and ensure the availability of the resources needed for a project. You will also be responsible to ensure the smooth running of all the applications
- All cloud computing professionals handle every resource by using different management tools and services offered by the cloud providers
Average Salary for Cloud Computing Professionals
According to Indeed.com, the average salary in the United States offered to cloud computing professionals by some leading companies has been given in the table here:
|Name of the Company||Average Salary per Annum|
|Resolute Technologies LLC||$170,000|
Apart from employers, the following is the table that will show you the amount of average salary given as per the job roles chosen:
|Salaries as per Job Roles|
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
Kindly note that the actual amount of the salary typically depends on various factors including geographical location, knowledge, experience, education, employer, etc. Hence, it is suggested to validate everything before deciding on your career.
Every technology comes with some ins and outs. You must keep your interest, educational background, and career goals in mind while deciding whether you want to go for AI or cloud computing field.
To know more about the career options in these fields along with universities/colleges offering courses in these areas, you can contact AEC. We will also help you find the best fit options in countries like UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, etc. Get in touch with AEC on +91-8448446609 or 011-43334444 or share your queries at email@example.com to get assistance for your career. You can also directly come to our office by booking your FREE counselling session.