If you are planning to fly abroad for further studies and your dream destination is the United Kingdom, you need to ensure that you are ready so that you know well what to expect on your arrival. It will also help you enjoy studying in the UK as well as living in the country.
Things can be a little daunting for many students going to the UK. There are numerous things you, as a student supposed to know to transform your journey into a memorable experience. These things you should know before heading for studying in the UK have been explained one-by-one here:
First and foremost, if you already know someone living or studying in the UK or anyone who has studied abroad, then talk to them. After this, the next step is to find information on the internet or tap into other resources. In case you are confused, you can visit AEC for FREE counseling on studying in the UK. Additionally, you must research funding aspects to plan and manage your budget well. While considering an expert like AEC, do not be afraid to ask about the universities, courses, and other arrangements.
- Study Visa and Other Paperwork
Before applying to your desired university or course, you must ensure that you have all the necessary documents and visas to study in the UK. You can also ask your counselor or AEC on what paperwork is needed to study abroad. For instance, some international students i.e. European students must get a health insurance card. This will enable them to avail of various benefits.
- Prepare for an Overall Change
Before you move to studying in the UK, you need to keep a few things in mind. First and foremost, this country is quite diverse and welcoming in terms of culture. Here, you will find many like-minded people with similar beliefs and backgrounds. When it comes to clothing, this country is better known for its wet and cold weather. So, pack lots of waterproof and warm outfits and do not expect the summer season to be very hot here.
- Student Accommodation
If you are worried, then it is suggested to live in the accommodation provided by the university for the first year. After this, make some friends and shift together for the rest of the duration. University accommodation considered a great chance for students to meet new people and make friends. Just keep one thing in your mind is – when somebody is away from their home for studying abroad, they are in the same boat.
- Bank Accounts
If the duration of your course is longer than a few months, then it is advisable to open a bank account. This will help you easily pay your bills and keep all your money safe. Since the banks in the UK are relatively strict about the prerequisites for account opening, you will need the following documents to initiate the process:
- Proof of ID: Passport of the candidate is usually needed
- Proof of Address: You will need to provide address proof of your homeland as well as residential proof of the country you are living in i.e. the UK. You can provide the bank with statements as well
- Proof of Income: You may need to meet the bank officials or the bank will do the credit check to ensure that you can maintain the balance required
- Student Proof: To avail of the facility of the student account, you will need the confirmation letter from your college/university. These accounts are highly advised to the Indian students as they offer various benefits along with interest fees overdraft with the limit of a significant amount
So, these are a few basic but important things Indian students supposed to know while studying in the UK. To know more about the other essentials, you can contact AEC. Our dedicated professionals are there to help you find the best-fit options and learn more about the country. Give us a call or send your queries to our team to get instant assistance.